Pecan Tassies are a tart like cookie that tastes just like a bite of pecan pie. It is sweet, tender, chewy and has a bit of a crunch.
The pecan tassie starts with a base of pie crust dough. You can make your own pie crust using my this easy to follow tutorial or you can purchase store bought pie crusts. I make my own when I have the time but if Im in a hurry I pull out the store bought pie crust I usually keep in the freezer.
One of the best things about this recipe is how many it makes! You can get 48 little bites of heaven out of two pie crusts. You can also easily split the recipe in half if you dont need that many. But let me tell you they tend to disappear fast!
How to Make Pecan Tassies
Pecan tassies are made using a mini muffin tin. Roll out your pie crust and using a 2 inch round cookie or biscuit cutter cut out your dough.
Place the each circle of dough into one of the muffin tins. You can use a tart tamper if you have one.
or you can just use your finger to press the dough into the mini muffin tin!
Fill each tart with a tablespoons of pecan tassie filling which is a mixture of butter, brown sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, pecans and toffee chips. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Cool for a few minutes in the pan and then remove to a cooling rack to continue to cool.
Pecan tassies are a classic holiday treat, one weve been making for years. Its the perfect addition to a holiday cookie plate or dessert buffet. Just watch people pop one after another into their mouth! Even those who dont like pecan pie are going to love these pecan tassies!
If you want a big slice of pecan pie, try this recipe for Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
Other holiday treats:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Pecan Tassie Recipe
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (15-ounce package )
- 1/4 C butter (melted)
- 1 C firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C pecans (finely chopped)
- 10 oz almond brickle chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll the pie crusts onto a lightly floured surface
- Roll into 2 (15-inch) circles
- Cut out 48 circles using a 1 3/4-inch fluted or round cookie cutter, re-rolling dough as needed
- Place in 1 3/4-inch muffin pans, pressing on the bottoms and up the sides of each of the mini-muffin cups
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and eggs in a large bowl, mixing well
- Add the vanilla
- Stir in the pecans and brickle chips
- Spoon the pecan filling evenly into the pie shells
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is lightly browned
- Cool in pans on wire racks
Originally posted Oct. 2, 2009
If youve tried these Pecan Tassies or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then dont forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!