Blogtober Day 7: Broccoli and Cauliflower In The Creamiest, Cheesiest Sauce Ever...
Welcome, I hope you're well and staying warm in the chill. Day seven of Blogtober is here and I thought I'd share one of our dinner favourites, now that the colder nights are drawing in...
I've loved being able to send Hubby to work with his salads all through the summer but now that it's getting chillier I want to send him off in the mornings with a more warming lunch. He works really long days, usually out the door around 7am and not home again sometimes till after 6pm and barely has time for his lunch some days so it's important to me that he has a good, healthy lunch to hand.
This means lots of lovely oven bakes, like this one, casseroles, soups and all kinds of fabulous, filling things 💗
Why not go grab a cuppa, and maybe a cookies, honeys and I'll share how I made this yummy oven bake. It's so easy it practically makes itself! See you in a few minutes...
Welcome back dear ones 😊 do you have your cuppa? me too☕ Let's grab our aprons and head to the kitchen, shall we?
Broccoli And Cauliflower In The Easiest, Creamiest, Cheesiest Sauce Ever... Ingredients:
500g broccoli 500g Cauliflower
For the really cheesey sauce:
100 g mayonnaise 2 x 200 g tub of cream cheese 250 g grated (shredded) medium cheese (I used a combination of Scottish Cheddar & Red Leicester) 150 g grated cheese (as a topping) Extras:
Italian herbs - I used dried, from the spice rack but use fresh if you prefer. Garlic - 2-3 small (or 1-2 large) cloves if using fresh or again, grab a jar from the spice rack honeys. Parsley to garnish. Directions:
1. Cook your broccoli and cauliflower. I usually use frozen and cook them in our steamer on the stove for 15 - 18 minutes but if you prefer you can cook them in a saute pan with a little drizzle of olive oil honeys.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 180C or 350F or gas mark 4.
3. Place the cream cheese, mayonnaise, grated (or shredded for our US cousins) cheese and (if you want to use them) herbs & garlic into a large bowl and mix until combined.
4. Carefully add your cooked broccoli and cauliflower to the cheese sauce in the bowl and gently fold or stir through until it's all coated in the sauce.
5. Place the lovely, cheese coated broccoli and cauliflower into an oven proof dish...
5. Top with the remaining grated/shredded cheese and finish with a little sprinkle of parsley...
6. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes until it's lovely and bubbly and the cheesey topping looks all yummy...
7. Carefully remove from the oven and serve.
8. Await hugs and compliments from loved ones 💖
The amount I made in this recipe will easily serve 4-6 people honeys. In the image above I've baked it in one of our rectangular (1 litre volume) glass dishes, which easily serves three people. Hubby & myself and enough left over for Hubby's lunch tomorrow too (teamed with the fluffiest mashed potatoes.)
This recipe made enough for two of our 1 litre dishes, one for tonight's dinner and one to freeze for later in the week or maybe a busy night next week. If you're cooking for a family, as I this recipe should serve 4-6 easily.
What to serve it with is up to you dear ones. For tonight's dinner I teamed it with the softest, fluffiest mashed potatoes but it could easily be served with a yummy, crunchy salad, with homemade potato wedges or with a side of lovely, fresh vegetables 😋 If you'd really like a treat why not add some crunchy garlic bread?
I've made so many different meals using this delicious, cheesy sauce honeys and so far I haven't been able to find anything it doesn't make into something wonderful 💗 Why not try salmon fillets, diced or minced beef, chicken, peppers and mushrooms or some vegetable noodles?
Whatever you're doing honeys, I hope your week is off to a great start. Till next time, smile lots and hug even more, hugs always x